Friday, April 18, 2014

Why our lives are so busy right now.

I was looking over the blog and I realized two things. One, all I write about is my pregnancy and two I only post once a week. I'm sorry. I will try to do better. I'll start by filling you in on what is going on in our lives other than the pregnancy.


We are buying a house!

I feel so blessed to even be able to say that. The housing market in the Austin area is crazy. Absolutely crazy! Everything moves so quickly. To give you an idea when we told our Realtor we were interested in shopping around for a house she asked us to go on her website and pick three houses to look at. I did that on a Thursday and we set up a time to get together on Sunday morning. She called on Saturday to tell us every house we had wanted to see was gone. That is when we realized that we would need to move fast if we wanted to get a house in this market. The house we are in the process of purchasing was listed at 4 pm on a Saturday. We viewed the house on Sunday at 10 am and decided we wanted to put an offer in on the house. We quickly did our initial paperwork and our Realtor submitted it. She called us back at 4 pm to let us know there were multiple offers on the house! Like I said, I feel incredibly blessed just to be able to say we are actually purchasing a home.

We are set to close on May 16 and we will get to move in May 23. That will give us 5 weeks to get settled in before baby girl arrives. She has to stay put long enough for us to get the nursery finished. One great perk of the house is it already has a pink room. Its a little brighter than I would have liked but I can't really justify repainting a pink room pink. Lots of pink was in my plan anyway!



This is the house. It is the photo from the realty website so I apologize its not that great, but imagine how much better looking it will be once I get my hands on it!

This, work, growing a baby and keeping up with a 5 year old has left us exhausted. I feel like we are constantly on the go! I can't wait until the move is over and the baby is here! I'm sure I will be exhausted then too but it will be all worth it!


K’Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment