Thursday, March 13, 2014

24 Weeks



How far along: 24 Weeks.
Baby is the size of an: Ear of corn.
Gender: Girl
Weight gain: 12lbs total. I gained 6 in the past month alone. I am so very happy Spring seems to be here for good and there will be no more cold days that just make you want to eat everything!
Maternity clothes: Of course! 
Sleep: Horrible. Constant tossing and turning all night and then I wake up at 5am every day. 
Aches and Pains:None so far. I am still feeling really good.
Best moment this week: Spending the weekend with some of my favorite ladies and seeing Wicked!
Worst moment this week: Jon's emergency appendectomy! So scary! 
Miss anything: Not really, maybe the occasional glass of wine or mimosa! 
Movement: Baby girl is a mover! 
Cravings: Peaches!
Looking forward to: Warm weather, going on walks, and baby snuggles!

I hope this will be the most eventful week of my pregnancy! In case you haven't heard, Jon's appendix decided it didn't want to be the do nothing organ it normally is and decided it would become angry and inflamed. That led to Jon going to the doctor at 10 am and being wheeled into surgery at 1 pm. Everything happened so fast I barely had time to process any of it in my mind. Thankfully everything went smooth and we were home that evening by 6 pm. I honestly think the worst part was waiting on Walgreens to fill his prescription. He has slowly been recovering and taking it as easy as he possibly can. I say that because Jon is not a sit still type person so I've had to force him to stay in bed at times. He went for his follow up appointment today and everything looks good!


He looked adorable in his purple hospital gown!

Then this weekend some of my favorite ladies came into town to see Wicked. We had a blast and Wicked is amazing! Those actors and actresses are so incredibly talented. I would recommend it to anyone. It was also so much fun dressing up! I love when my friends get to come to town, even if I had to skip the mimosas!




K’Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment