Friday, June 5, 2015

One Year Later

Since its been officially one year since I last wrote anything I thought I would start again. 

The past year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am completely shocked to find myself one year older and wiser. I really just can't believe one whole year has gone by. I somehow managed to sum up our entire year in one post

1. We had a baby! 
Olivia Elizabeth was born on June 19, 2014.


2. Dr. Jon's Guitar Repair opened up full time.
We have learned dream chasing isn't easy but it can be both fun and rewarding.

3. River started kindergarten.
I know it doesn't seem possible, but my baby boy entered elementary school.


4. I went back to work.
This one may not seem like a big deal but after snuggling a newborn for 10 weeks, it was. Many tears were had!

5. We learned River's creativity knows no bounds.
On Halloween he decided he wanted to be a spider web nest. It was incredibly imaginative, creepy, and required lots of hot glue.


6. River turned 6.
We had a house full of mini vikings and dragon trainers to prove it! 



7. I turned 28.
I have no idea how that happened, but I have the grey hairs to prove it. 

8. We celebrated our first holiday season as a family of 4. 
Snuggling by the fire, completing our action packed advent calendar, Christmas morning, another round of Elf on the Shelf, it was truly a great December.


9. We rang in the new year by going to sleep at 10. 
We really did. Number's 1, 7, and 15 should be reason enough why.


10. Olivia got teeth, River lost teeth.
Mom and Dad kept the same amount of teeth.

11. I took control of my health. 
Eating healthy(er) and working out.

12. I went jet-setting to Key West for a girls trip.
Best trip ever, but I had to pump every 4-5 hours. I flew back with 55 ounces of milk. Insert wide eyed emoticon here.


13. One of my best friends got married.
I was so honored to stand by her side as a bridesmaid.


14. We went camping.
In a tent, with a 10 month old, but we had a blast!


15. Jon turned 30.
So old, still so cute.



16. Olivia grew.
She went from my tiny 6 pound baby doll to my 21 pound wild child. It has been incredible.

We have learned so much in the past year. The first thing being that I am really bad at blogging. We've also learned that life isn't always easy but for us 4 is better than 3 and all the joy the 4th brought with her has been so worth it.

With Love, 
K’Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment